|Bergen, Essex, and Passaic Counties
|EDUCATION: Master's degree in Library or Information Science in a library program from an accredited American Library Association school. Please attach a copy of your transcript to your application. Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by a recognized evaluation service. Failure to do so will result in ineligibility.
LICENSE: Appointees may be required to possess a valid license as a Professional Librarian issued by the Bureau of Teacher Certification, Thomas Edison State College. Please provide the specific details of your license, including the license number, as indicated in section #19 of the application.
NOTE: N.J.S.A 45:8A-1 and N.J.A.C 6:11-11.6 state that a professional librarian certificate is required for employment as a professional librarian in libraries supported in whole or in part by public funds, serving communities with populations of 10,000 and above. Libraries under the charge and control of a board of education are excepted from this requirement.
Appointees will be required to possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform essential duties of the position.
NJAC 4A:4-2.3(b) states that all requirements must be met as of the closing
- Online applications must be completed and submitted by the closing date listed
- Auto-fill may cause incomplete information on your application. Please confirm your name, address and phone number prior to submitting your application.
- If an employment list results from this announcement, it may be certified to fill full-time and part-time positions.
- Effective September 1, 2011, the New Jersey First residency law was enacted.
click here for additional information.
- Application fees submitted via personal check or money order must be postmarked within five (5) business days of submitting your application. If your fee is postmarked after five (5) business days, or is returned as invalid, you will be declared ineligible and denied admittance to the examination process.
- The Civil Service Commission is increasing its use of emails as a communication
tool. Please ensure that your email is always up-to-date so that important
information about the testing process is not missed. Please remember to check
your junk mail, spam, and clutter for these important messages.