NOTE: Before proceeding, you MUST click here and read the "DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS APPLICATION QUESTIONNAIRE AND HIRING INFORMATION" FORM.
1. Applicants must be citizens of the United States as of January 14, 2013.
2. Where hiring preferences apply, applicants must meet the residency requirements of the appointing jurisdiction as of January 14, 2013 and may be required to maintain continuous residency in that jurisdiction up to and including the date of appointment.
3. Applicants must be high school or vocational high school graduates, or possess an approved High School Equivalency Certificate by January 14, 2013.
4. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age as of January 14, 2013.
5. Appointees will be required to possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform the essential duties of the position.
6. Candidates certified from the eligible list for this title will be required to undergo medical and psychological examinations administered by the Department of Corrections.
Appointees to Correction Officer Recruit shall first receive a temporary appointment to the title of Correction Officer Apprentice until they have completed a paid law enforcement training program.
You will be required to take an examination which is tentatively scheduled to be given in March, 2013. An Administrative Guide and Preparation Guide for the title of Correction Officer Recruit will be posted on the Civil Service Commission website by January 2, 2013.
SPECIAL NOTE: Only online applications will be accepted for this announcement. Please disregard the first sentence in #2 under IMPORTANT INFORMATION below. You must select the online application option for this announcement.