Candidates interested in employment for any of the titles within the 2013 LEE announcement must submit a LEE application and related fees. Candidates who took the 2013 State Correction Officer Recruit exam and apply for any title within the 2013 LEE announcement will NOT be scheduled to take the LEE exam. Candidates who took the 2013 State Correction Officer Recruit examination will automatically have their score applied to all titles for which they apply as part of the 2013 LEE announcement, when that eligible pool becomes active.
Before proceeding, you MUST Click here and read the 2013 Law Enforcement Examination Fact Sheet.
1. Applicants must be citizens of the United States as of September 4, 2013.
2. Where hiring preferences apply, applicants must meet the residency requirements of the appointing jurisdiction as of September 4, 2013 and may be required to maintain continuous residency in that jurisdiction up to and including the date of appointment.
3. Applicants must be high school or vocational high school graduates, or possess an approved High School Equivalency Certificate by September 4, 2013.
4. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age as of September 4, 2013. Applicants for Municipal Police Officer positions cannot be over 35 years of age (one is considered over 35 on the day after his/her 35th birthday) as of September 4, 2013, unless they meet the exceptions in "Maximum hiring age requirement for Municipal Police Officer". NOTE: The age 35 maximum hiring requirement applies only to Municipal Police Officer and its bilingual titles.
5. Appointees will be required to possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform the essential duties of the position.
6. Appointees may be required to pass thorough medical and drug screening, and psychological/psychiatric examinations. Failure of any of these is cause for removal from that title area.
NOTE: Appointees will be required to successfully complete a training program mandated by the NJ Police Training Commission. This training must be completed prior to enrollment in the Police and Fire Retirement System.
Only on-line applications will be accepted for this announcement. Please disregard the first sentence in #2 under IMPORTANT INFORMATION below. You must select the online application option for this announcement.
Salaries vary for each title and jurisdiction.
Specifications for each title listed in the 2013 Law Enforcement Examination Fact sheet may be obtained from the NJCSC website at http://info.csc.state.nj.us/TItleList/TitleSearch.aspx. Please disregard the Description of Job and Specification link below.