|Wantage Township, Sussex County
|TRAINING: Successful completion of one (1) year of training in automotive technology at an accredited community college or vocational school. Please upload proof of successful completion of one (1) year of training with your application. Failure to do so will result in ineligibility.
Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by a recognized evaluation service. Please upload a copy of your evaluation with your application. Failure to do so will result in ineligibility.
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years of experience in the maintenance and repair of various types of motor vehicles and/or construction equipment such as bulldozers, tractors, cranes, road graders, power shovels, or similar equipment.
NOTE: Applicants who do not possess the required year of formal training may substitute one (1) additional year of experience as outlined above.
NOTE: An Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification in one of the following specialties from the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence may be substituted for the formal training: A-1 Engine Repair, A-6 Electrical/Electronic Systems, A-8 Engine Performance. If you are substituting a certificate for the formal training. Please upload a copy of your certificate with your application. Failure to do so will result in ineligibility.
LICENSE: Appointees will be required to possess a valid Commercial Driver''s License (CDL) Class B.
Appointees will be required to possess a driver''s license valid in New Jersey.
NOTE: The responsibility for ensuring that employees possess the required motor vehicle license, commensurate with the class and type of vehicles they operate, rests with the Appointing Authority.
NOTE: Please refer to the job specification 02434 for additional notes.
NOTE: This announcement is being amended to widen the residency scope. Please be advised that all requirements must be met as of the original closing date. If you filed an application during the original filing period, you do not need to submit an application during this extend filing period.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications must be completed and submitted by 4:00 pm on the closing date.
Customer Care and Technical Support: If you are having difficulty submitting your application online, customer care and technical support are available during regular business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EST, Monday - Friday, excluding holidays and emergency closings. Please email: OAS.firstname.lastname@example.org or call (609) 292-4144. Please note that application support requests received outside regular business hours on the closing date will not change the application filing deadline so PLEASE FILE EARLY.
NJAC 4A:4-2.3(b) states that all requirements must be met as of the closing
- Online applications must be completed and submitted by the closing date listed
- Auto-fill may cause incomplete information on your application. Please confirm your name, address and phone number prior to submitting your application.
- If an employment list results from this announcement, it may be certified to fill full-time and part-time positions.
- Effective September 1, 2011, the New Jersey First residency law was enacted.
click here for additional information.
- Application fees submitted via personal check or money order must be postmarked within five (5) business days of submitting your application. If your fee is postmarked after five (5) business days, or is returned as invalid, you will be declared ineligible and denied admittance to the examination process.
- The Civil Service Commission is increasing its use of emails as a communication
tool. Please ensure that your email is always up-to-date so that important
information about the testing process is not missed. Please remember to check
your junk mail, spam, and clutter for these important messages.