(1) New Jersey
Appointees must provide proof to the Appointing Authority that they satisfy the education requirement at the time of certification. Failure to indicate, and provide proof to the Appointing Authority of satisfying the education requirement will result in rejection from the examination process.
NOTE: Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by a recognized evaluation service. Please upload a copy of your evaluation with your application. Failure to do so will result in ineligibility.
NOTE: Applicants who do not meet the above educational requirements may substitute additional experience as indicated below on a year-for-year basis with thirty (30) semester hour credits being equal to one (1) year of experience.
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years of experience in work involving the dissemination of information in the field of news media, public relations, publicity, and/or advertising.
LICENSE: Appointees will be required to possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform essential duties of the position.
The responsibility for ensuring that employees possess the required motor vehicle license, commensurate with the class and type of vehicles they operate, rests with the Appointing Authority.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications must be completed and submitted by 4:00 pm on the closing date.
Customer Care and Technical Support: If you are having difficulty submitting your application online, customer care and technical support are available during regular business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EST, Monday - Friday, excluding holidays and emergency closings. Please email: OAS.firstname.lastname@example.org or call (609) 292-4144. Please note that application support requests received outside regular business hours on the closing date will not change the application filing deadline so PLEASE FILE EARLY.
- NJAC 4A:4-2.3(b) states that all requirements must be met as of the closing date.
- Online applications must be completed and submitted by the closing date listed above.
- You must complete your application in detail. Your score may be based on a comparison of your background with the job requirements. Failure to complete your application properly may lower your score or cause you to fail. NOTE: Auto-fill may cause incomplete information on your application. Please confirm your name, address and phone number prior to submitting your application.
- If an employment list results from this announcement, it may be certified to fill full-time and part-time positions.
- Effective September 1, 2011, the New Jersey First residency law was enacted. Please click here for additional information. In accordance with Public Law 2010 c. 26, Veterans pay a reduced application fee of $15.00 if they have previously established Veteran's Preference with the DMAVA (as defined by NJSA 11A:5-1 et seq). Those claiming Veteran’s Preference but have not yet received approval from DMAVA must pay the full application fee and may request a refund if the claim is approved at least 8 days prior to the issuance of the eligibility list. Please note this reduced fee does not apply to Public Safety titles.
- Application fees submitted via personal check or money order must be postmarked within five (5) business days of submitting your application. If your fee is postmarked after five (5) business days, or is returned as invalid, you will be declared ineligible and denied admittance to the examination process.
- The Civil Service Commission is increasing its use of emails as a communication tool. Please ensure that your email is always up-to-date so that important information about the testing process is not missed. Please remember to check your junk mail, spam, and clutter for these important messages.