(1) New Jersey
|Before proceeding, you must Click Here and read the 2023 Law Enforcement Examination Fact Sheet|
EDUCATION: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree. Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree. You must indicate either possession of a degree or total number of college credits completed to date on your application. Failure to do so will result in ineligibility.
Appointees must provide proof to the Appointing Authority that they satisfy the education requirement at the time of certification. Failure to indicate and provide proof to the Appointing Authority of satisfying the education requirement will result in rejection from the examination process.
Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by a recognized evaluation service. Please upload a copy of your evaluation with your application. Failure to do so will result in ineligibility.
SPECIAL SKILL: Applicants must be able to read, write, speak, understand, or communicate in Spanish and English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position.
LICENSE: Appointees must possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications must be completed and submitted by 4:00pm on the closing date.
Customer Care and Technical Support: If you are having difficulty submitting your application online, customer care and technical support are available during regular business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EST, Monday - Friday, excluding holidays and emergency closings. Please email: OAS.email@example.com or call (609) 292-4144. Please note that application support requests received outside regular business hours on the closing date will not change the application filing deadline so PLEASE FILE EARLY.
- NJAC 4A:4-2.3(b) states that all requirements must be met as of the closing date.
- Online applications must be completed and submitted by the closing date listed above.
- If an employment list results from this announcement, it may be certified to fill full-time and part-time positions.
- Effective September 1, 2011, the New Jersey First residency law was enacted. Please click here for additional information.
- Per Public law 2010 c.26, the reduced application fee for Veterans does not apply since this is a Public Safety title.
- The Civil Service Commission is increasing its use of emails as a communication tool. Please ensure that your email is always up-to-date so that important information about the testing process is not missed. Please remember to check your junk mail, spam, and clutter for these important messages.