(1) Cumberland County; (2) Atlantic County, Cape May County, Gloucester County, Salem County; (3) New Jersey
EDUCATION: Applicants must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
AGE: Applicants must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age.
CITIZENSHIP: Applicants must be a United States citizen.
NOTE: At the time of appointment, applicants for this position must submit acceptable proof of meeting the indicated
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Appointees will be required to successfully complete an accredited training program mandated by the New Jersey Police Training Commission within 18 months of appointment. Such training includes successful attainment of a satisfactory level of proficiency in the use of firearms. Appointees to this position must successfully qualify semi-annually in the use of firearms.
NOTE: Appointees to positions in SWAT, SERT or related units must additionally qualify quarterly in the use of all weapons
used by the unit.
MEDICAL EXAMINATION: As a prerequisite for appointment, appointees may be required to pass a thorough medical and psychological examination to be administered by the appointing authority. Any psychological, medical, or physical condition or defect which would prevent efficient performance of the duties of the position, cause the appointee
to be a hazard to himself/herself or others, or become aggravated as a result of performance of these duties, will be
cause for rejection. Appointees may be required to undergo a psychiatric examination prior to appointment. Failure to demonstrate sufficient capacity to perform the duties of this position may be cause for rejection.
LICENSE: Appointees must possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey.
Appointees may also be required to possess a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) and applicable endorsements for the class and type of vehicle being operated.
NOTE: The responsibility for ensuring that employees possess the required motor vehicle license, commensurate with the
class and type of vehicles they operate, rests with the Appointing Authority.
Appointees may be required to possess the following: A valid Motor Boat Operator's license issued by New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission AND a valid Boating Safety Certificate issued by the New Jersey State Police
NOTE: An Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels License or a Master's License issued by the United States Coast Guard, currently valid for the type and size vessel being operated, may be substituted for the Boating Safety Certificate.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications must be completed and submitted by 4:00pm on the closing date.
Customer Care and Technical Support: If you are having difficulty submitting your application online, customer care and technical support are available during rolidays and emergency closings. Please email: OAS.email@example.com or call (609) 292-4144. Please note that application support requests received outside regular business hours on the closing date will not change the application filing deadline so PLEASE FILE EARLY.
- NJAC 4A:4-2.3(b) states that all requirements must be met as of the closing date.
- Online applications must be completed and submitted by the closing date listed above.
- You must complete your application in detail. Your score may be based on a comparison of your background with the job requirements. Failure to complete your application properly may lower your score or cause you to fail. NOTE: Auto-fill may cause incomplete information on your application. Please confirm your name, address and phone number prior to submitting your application.
- If an employment list results from this announcement, it may be certified to fill full-time and part-time positions.
- Effective September 1, 2011, the New Jersey First residency law was enacted. Please click here for additional information. In accordance with Public Law 2010 c. 26, Veterans pay a reduced application fee of $15.00 if they have previously established Veteran's Preference with the DMAVA (as defined by NJSA 11A:5-1 et seq). Those claiming Veteran’s Preference but have not yet received approval from DMAVA must pay the full application fee and may request a refund if the claim is approved at least 8 days prior to the issuance of the eligibility list. Please note this reduced fee does not apply to Public Safety titles.
- Application fees submitted via personal check or money order must be postmarked within five (5) business days of submitting your application. If your fee is postmarked after five (5) business days, or is returned as invalid, you will be declared ineligible and denied admittance to the examination process.
- The Civil Service Commission is increasing its use of emails as a communication tool. Please ensure that your email is always up-to-date so that important information about the testing process is not missed. Please remember to check your junk mail, spam, and clutter for these important messages.